Have you ever heard the term – “stress is the silent killer?” Stress can be described in so many different ways, but one thing is clear – its easy to identify. It comes with an extreme emotional and physical burden that we all need to be mindful of. Reducing stress is a real possibility and managing it on a daily basis is healthy for your body, mind, and soul (Huffington Post.) The negative effects of stress are endless – notably known to factor into high blood pressure, strokes, heart attacks, obesity, and diabetes. Don’t let it get to you! Here are 10 ways we like to de-stress on a daily basis.
1. Meditate – A few minutes of meditation and disconnecting from the real world can help ease anxiety! Pick up on a few positive mantras and recite your favorites.
2. Breathe Deeply – Take a 5 minute break out of your hectic work day to just breathe. In through your nose and out through your mouth. Reverse the process as you exhale through your mouth.
3. Be Present – Take the time to notice your surroundings. Enjoy it all, soak it in!
4. Reach out -Talk to a friend!
5. Tune in to your body – Mentally evaluate your body to get a sense of how stress effects it each and every day.
6. Decompress – Place a warm heat wrap on your neck and shoulders for 10 minutes. Close your eyes and relax your face, neck, upper chest, and back muscles.
7. Laugh! – Nothing cheers you up better than a genuine laugh.
8. Crank up the tunes! – Sing, dance, let it all out to your favorite songs. Opt for an alternative and blow off steam with some soothing tunes that will help you relax.
9. Exercise – Any time of physical exercise will help alleviate your stress. Go for a walk. do a few sun salutations, run a marathon, whatever makes you happy!
10. Be grateful – This is one of our favorite methods. Keep a gratitude journal. There is something powerful about writing things down. Write down what you’re thankful for.