We all know the dreaded work-day energy crash happens around midday. Instead of feeling sluggish, grab one of these healthy snacks to perk you up and boost your work performance:
- Lemon Water: An easy way to energize is by simply adding freshly squeezed lemon juice to your water. Keep a reusable bottle at hand and sip your day away
- Cashews, almonds, and hazelnuts: According to Reader’s Digest, these nuts are “high in magnesium, which plays a key role in converting sugar to energy.” Make a quick trail mix before work and snack on it when you feel yourself crashing.
- Peanut / Almond butter: According to Everyday Health, “Its healthy fats, protein, and fiber help stave off hunger and keep blood-sugar levels stable.” Snag a spoonful of sugar-free peanut butter or almond butter for a quick boost
- Bananas: Bananas are high in potassium, which helps deliver energy. Plus, they’re prepackaged by nature and easy to throw in your bag on your way out to work!
- Greek Yogurt: Everyday Health states that Greek yogurts “deliver twice the amount of hunger-satisfying protein as regular yogurt”. Add in some berries for a fun flavor twist.
- Apples: The age old saying ‘an apple a day keeps the doctor away’ should’ve been ‘an apple a day keeps the worker awake’. Apples are high in fiber, which takes time to digest according to Woman’s Day.
- Oranges: This yummy citrus fruit releases steady energy throughout the day. Citrus fruits revitalize and reenergize, plus they smell great!
- Hard-boiled eggs: This snack requires some prep beforehand, but it won’t let you down. A hard-boiled egg will fill you up and keep your energy levels steady.